GSA is a non-profit organization. In order to keep our fees low and make soccer available to all players, we utilize volunteers. This allows us to make improvements to our facilities - such as the concession/ restroom/ maintenance buildings we built. Does anyone remember the days of only port-o-potties at GSA?
The follow activities are available for families to perform their required volunteer service hours:
Recreational: 2 hours per season per full paying Player (Fall or Spring), 3 hours per season per financial aid Player (Fall or Spring)
Academy: 4 hours per seasonal year per Family for full price players (August-May), 6 hours per seasonal year for financial aid players.
Select: 4 hours per seasonal year per Family for full price players (August-May), 6 hours per seasonal year for financial aid players.
Read through the following new procedures before signing up for concession duty. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
1) We have set up a new iPad Point of Sale system to replace our cash drawer in the concession stand. Do arrive 10 minutes before your shift begins so you can be trained on the new system and more easily transition into your duties.
2) We have a second iPad for volunteers to log hours. For this season, log your hours using BOTH the Google form on the iPad AND in the written volunteer book. We will use both types of logging until everyone is accustomed to the iPad.
3) Children 15 years and younger are no longer permitted to help with concessions due to the new Point of Sale system and inventory tracking. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for specific questions or considerations on this.
4) If you are the first shift of the day, follow the posted opening procedures to set up the concession stand. If you are the last shift of the day, follow the closing procedures before you leave.
5) There will not be any weeknight concession sales this season. Sunday concessions are only open for volunteers who already know how to use the new Point of Sale system. Please work on a Saturday to learn the system before asking for Sunday slots. Contact email@example.com for Sunday concession slots. If there are games scheduled on weekdays and you would like to volunteer then, you may email us to discuss.
6) Volunteer spots may be cancelled after being scheduled, for example because of bad weather. If that happens to your spot, return to this link to sign up for another opportunity.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we implement these new procedures.
You could win $5,000! Plus, help us win a VIP Theater Takeover for our members. ENTER NOW